Sunday, March 14, 2010

MAC Fresh Slamon + Victorian Lipsticks (fr. Spring Forecast)

Alright! So I have not been posting or anything for a month already! Sorry. :( I've been busy studying, being stressed, and lemming for lipsticks. :P Anyways, I'm not going to do a review since that'd take too long and besides, even if I did, by the time you read this and haven't gotten yourself any of the two yet, you'd just probably find that there are no stocks available already. I think Fresh Slamon is OOS all over the country by now.

So! on to what I posted about. Well, since there were lot of people at the MAC counter today(launching of the new collection), I went ahead and told the SA that I'd pay for my reservations already right after I arrived, saved me some money too, I know. :P  didn't even swatch the things I got 'til I got home. Oh and guess what, the raved upon Fresh Salmon, which I swatched first, disappointed me. It looked blah on me, like I just put on shimmers. Definitely an MLBB but I'm not sure if it's worth a thousand bucks. So, to make myself feel better, I swatched Victorian after, because I knew it'd look good on anyone that is NC25 above. I wasn't mistaken. :) After a while of vanity in front of the mirror, I thought of layering Fresh Salmon, oh lo and behold! It came out quite similar to the lipstick of my ridiculous lemming: Guerlain Rouge in Giulette!

I know temptalia's swatch is clear and nice, but please bear with my cam and bad lighting, so forgive my swatches. :P
 Photobucket
I know it looks sheer, but it's more pigmented in person and it's definitely buildable. :) Also! It looks far different from swatches, but promise it's similar in person. :) BUT please remember I said similar not identical. ;D
Here's a swatch of the two, just for reference:
Photobucket


P.S. This post is intended for those who already have the two, or will get the two. ot to make jealous or to boast to those who did not make it 'til the stocks lasted.

Hope To Help! :)


4 comments:

Hannah said...

I wouldn't say they're a dupe for Giulette. Giulette is a much stronger pink with less shimmer than either Fresh Salmon/Victorian. But they are pretty together!

ladychris17 ♥ said...

Hi Hannah! yes I did notice that Giulette is stronger, but it's pretty close. Better for me, since my make-up personality isn't much on on the bold side. :)

ebook said...

you should get a high definition cam.

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com