Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Review: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

Product Critique: Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream



An easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating gel-like moisture cream. It controls excess sebum and shine whilst delivering essential moisture to areas most in need, balancing the skin throughout the day. Leaves skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shinefree, matte complexion. (from TBS Philippines website)

Subjective Judgment of the Object:
I have used this for a few weeks now although not on a daily basis, I've tried putting on make-up with and without this but have never tried using this alone. Now let's go to the review.
When I first applied this, I was surprised and at the same time impressed with how quickly it sunk into my skin. It dries super quickly, I must say. I also love how my skin feels smoother after applying this. Although it's not uber great at controlling oil(cause I'm a grease ball), I find that it actually at least does it's job in that aspect. I would be a bit oily in 3-4 hours when using this, which I normally do in 1 and a half hour, so no big deal but does it's job so-so. One thing I really really like about this too is that it serve both as moisturizer and primer! It's not the best primer but it saves my wallet from buying an expensive primer that does a better job because this one works just fine for me. :)

To Narrow it Down:
Pro's:
- controls oil for a while
- moisturizes and hydrates of course :)
- leaves the skin super smooth after application
- Can serve as primer
- nice smell! :)
- a little goes a long way so one pot will last you for ages!


Con's:
- controls oil ONLY for a while :(



Rating: 4 out of 5. If it had controlled my oily skin for a bit longer, I could've given it a five!
Where to get it and How much: Most malls have a TBS branch, I got this for 795php. They often go on sale though! I was one unlucky girl. :P

P.S. I've only tried Nivea Creme other than this, the previous one was not suited for oily skin, so I really don't have a wide range to compare with. Use at your own discretion. :)

*my first review! weee!

No comments: